*For Children Ages 2 to 3 Years old.
*6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily.
The 2 to 3 Year-Old Day Care Program is structured for to meet the needs of 2 and 3 year olds. Our program accepts each child as a unique person. Your child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs will be accepted with care, kindness and understanding.
Our program provides activities appropriate for your child’s age and for his/her own interests and needs.
Our professional day care teachers know that children are active learners. They are always curious, they like to investigate, experiment and respond to their environment.
With this in mind, everyone will be busy identifying colors, shapes, letters and numbers while coloring, painting and pasting. Many opportunities are available for cooperation, problem solving and decision making through play.
Large and small motor development is encouraged through games, finger plays, musical activities and outdoor play. Teachers assist and support the choices that children make, sometimes expanding and challenging them by adding equipment, materials or ideas.
Friendship Corner Day Care Provides Freedom To Learn!
Friendship Corner Day Care provides a variety of work & play areas where a child can make choices while creating and interacting with peers. Materials are used which provide experiences on many play and discovery levels.
Some of These Areas Include:
- Blocks – representational play
- Housekeeping – dramatic, role play
- Manipulatives & Discovery – math, thinking skills
- Book & Library – pre-literacy
- Water & Sand Table – sensory, science
- Arts & Creativity – hands-on
- Music & Instruments – rhythm, expression
- Science & Discovery – exploration, curiosity
- Large Motor – coordination, growth
- Group Experiences – language, socialization
- Snacks & Meal – manners, healthy eating
Friendship Corner Day Care Helps With Toilet Training
Toilet Training is an important part of a child’s life. It occurs when the child has reached a maturity level in which they have mastered the use of a toilet in an out-of-home setting.
Children are not required to be toilet trained when enrolling at Friendship Corner Day Care however, class placement may be determined based upon this skill. Parents must begin Toilet Training at home then Teachers will assist with behaviors at school.
Toilet Training Guidelines
Children must have the ability to accomplish the following tasks:
- Have bladder and bowel control for 2 to 3 hours at a time.
- Must be able to undress and dress her / himself.
- Must be able to follow simple verbal instructions such as: Walk to toilet, Lower pants, Sit down, Stay quietly for several minutes, and then Stand up, Wipe with tissue and Raise pants.
- Asks to use the toilet 1 to 2 minutes prior to the need by indicating verbally to a teacher.
- Wants soiled diapers changed on a regular basis and shows sincere interest in using the toilet.
Until your child exhibits these qualities within the classroom on a regular basis, training pants, including pull-ups, will not be recommended to be used at the Bartlett Day Care Center.
**Boys and Girls will remain separated during the Toilet Training process. Teachers closely supervise progress and will report to parents on a daily or weekly basis.
Soiled clothing will be sent home for laundering. Extra supplies of additional clothing must be kept at school in case of accidents. Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information about all the wonderful benefits at Friendship Corner Childcare, please stop by 935 E. Devon Avenue, Bartlett, IL,
call us (630) 289-2211, or Contact Us online!
Friendship Corner Childcare
“Where Friends Meet and Learn!”